RADP-1102-TPX - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME RADP-1102-TPX
A Dual Voltage Control Center that INTERLOCKS a 24 Vac Motorized Air Inlet Damper with End Switch to a 120 Vac Plug-in Exhaust Fan and Furnace Circulation Fan.
Installation Of This Adaptor Shall Be In Accordance With The Requirements Of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
RADP - 1102 - TPX
4” x 5” x 2 ½”
101 x 127 x 64 mm
This Adaptor (RADP-1102-TPX), by using a Manual Switch or Timer, acts as an automatic control centre to:
1) Open a 24Vac motorized air Inlet Damper with End Switch (interlocked) which proves to be open
2) Before the plug-in Exhaust Fanturns on and
3) Simultaneously turns on a Furnace Circulation Fan.
It has two Relays and a split Duplex Receptacle; one side live and the other side controlled. If using a Damper without an End Switch, a jumper wire is required between Adaptor terminals #1 and #4. As a result, the fans and the damper will not be interlocked but will operate simultaneously.
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the interconnected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: RADP -1102 –TPX c/w 2 relays:
1 Relay DPDT: Coil .02A, 120Vac. Pts 24Vac-05A
1- Split Duplex Receptacle, LIVE/CONTROLED
- Adaptor line voltage leads are connected only to the live side of the Receptacle.
- Line voltage leads shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
The following hook-up procedures are suggestions only and do not limit the uses of this Adaptor.
How to install a Damper with End Switch: Damper proves to be open before starting the plug-in Exhaust Fan and turning on a Furnace Circulation Fan.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off electrical power leading to Adaptor.
4. Select suitable location for the Adaptor
5. Select a suitable location for Inlet Damper. Connect Damper #3 to Adaptor#3 and connect Damper #5 to Adaptor #1 for PowerOpen Damper or ADP #2 for Power Close Damper. Check capacity of 24Vac transformer.
6. To interlock Damper so that it opens before exhaust fan starts, connect Damper #4 to Adaptor #1 and Damper #2 to Adaptor #4.
If Inlet Damper is also required to open during furnace firing:
1) Use PC damper with end switch and relay and follow its instructions. Or if Combustion Air Damper is connected to the furnace, connect terminal #3 of the PC damper (minus the relay) to combustion air damper terminal #4.
7. Connect Adaptor terminal #5 to furnace R, Adaptor terminal #3 to furnace C (or ground) and Adaptor terminal #6(GF) to furnace G. If thermostat wire is presently connected to furnace ‘G’, remove it from ‘G’ and connect it to Adaptor terminal #7(GT).
8. Connect LINE voltage wires to the Receptacle, LIVE HALF only, as per wiring diagram.
9. Connect the two wires of the manual ventilation switch (or timer) to the Adaptor with one wire going to the line voltage terminal on the Receptacle. Connect the other wire of the manual switch (or timer) to the Adaptor Black wire with a wire nut.
10. Turn on 120Vac power supply to the Adaptor and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
11.Turn on the ventilation switch (or timer) and the damper with end switch, being interlocked, will open to cause the Exhaust Fan and Furnace Circulation Fan (if not running) to now operate. Note: If jumper wire is used instead of damper end switch, all appliances will then operate simultaneously.
12.Turn thermostat to normal setting and furnace will fire normally. If Instruction No. #5 with Option 1) or 2) is followed, then the Fresh Air Inlet Damper will also open during furnace firing.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM OF RADP-1102-TPX WITH DUPLEX RECEPTACLE CONNECTED TO FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN, PLUG-IN VENTILATION FAN AND MOTORIZED FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER WITH END SWITCH (OR JUMPER).
Note: this marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
LADDER TYPE DIAGRAM
HMI HOYME MANUFACTURING INC. PH. 1-800-661-7382 www.hoyme.com
Last Updated (Wednesday, 02 October 2013 15:30)