ADP-1102-TPX - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME ADP- 1102- TPX
A Control Centre that Interlocks a 24Vac Ventilation Fresh Air Inlet
Damper with End Switch to a 120Vac Exhaust Fan and Furnace Circulation Fan
Installation of this Adaptor Shall be in Accordance with the requirements of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
Refer also to HMI HOYME Installation Instructions:
TMADP-1102-TPX Control Centre with 24Vac Timer;
ADP-1101-05A Controlled Line to 24Vac switching;
ADP-0241-05A Controlled 24Vac to Line switching;
ADP-1102-S5A Interlocks 24Vac damper with end switch to Appliance Safety Controls.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2” (101 x 127 x 64 mm)
This adaptor acts as a control centre activated by a 120Vac ventilation switch to:
(1) Open a
24Vac fresh air inlet damper equipped with an end switch;
(2) Simultaneously turn on the furnace circulation fan;
(3) Turn on a 120Vac exhaust fan after damper proves to be open (Interlocked).
This adaptor/damper wiring circuit does not interfere with the operation of the air conditioner.
*Note: If a damper is used without an end switch, a jumper wire shall be connected to adaptor terminal #1 and #4 to activate the exhaust fan and the furnace circulation fan. See adaptor ADP-1101-05A as a possible alternate.
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the interconnected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: ADP-1102-TPX; comes with 2 relays:
Coil-120Vac, Contacts 05Amps(DPDT);
Coil- 24Vac, Contacts 10 Amps(SPDT);
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
ADP-1102-TPX to 120Vac supply
4. Select suitable location for Adaptor and connect to 120Vac Vent Switch and Fan:
120Vac L1 (live) to Fan Switch,
b) Connect ADP BLACK wire controlled side of Switch
c) Connect ADP RED wire to Exhaust Fan live,
d) Connect ADP WHITE wire to L2 (common) leading to Exhaust Fan.
Refer to schematic wiring diagram. Follow applicable codes.
ADP-1102-TPX to 24Vac
5. Connect Adaptor to 24Vac safety control circuit:
terminal 5 to Furnace R,
b) ADP terminal 3 to Furnace C,
c) ADP terminal 6 (Gf) to Furnace G.
NOTE: If Thermostat G is connected to furnace G, reconnect Thermostat G to adaptor 7(Gt).
HAC-0x10-SPO/PC Damper to Adaptor
6. Select suitable location for inlet Damper with end switch and connect:
a) Damper terminal 3 to ADP terminal 3
b) Damper 5 (PO type) to ADP terminal 1
Damper 5 (PC type) to ADP terminal 2.
c) Damper 2 (Switch) to ADP terminal 4
d) Damper 4 (Switch) to ADP terminal 1
(Option: If inlet damper is required to also open during furnace firing, see ADP-1103-TPX).
7. Turn on 120Vac power supply to exhaust fan switch and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
8. Turn on exhaust fan switch. Damper will open and prove to be open before exhaust fan runs.Furnace circulation fan (if not running) will also run. Turn off exhaust fan switch.
9. Turn thermostat to call for heat and furnace will fire normally.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM ADP-1102-TPX INTERLOCKING FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER with END SWITCH TO EXHAUST FAN AND INTERCONNECTED TO THE FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN CONTROL.
NOTE: This marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
HMI HOYME MANUFACTURING INC. PH. 1-800-661-7382 www.hoyme.com
Last Updated (Wednesday, 02 October 2013 15:55)