RADP - 1102 - TPX Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME RADP-1102-TPX
A Dual Voltage Control Center that INTERLOCKS a 24 Vac Motorized Air Inlet Damper with End Switch to a 120 Vac Plug-in Exhaust Fan and Furnace Circulation Fan.
Installation Of This Adaptor Shall Be In Accordance With The Requirements Of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
RADP - 1102 - TPX
4” x 5” x 2 ½”
101 x 127 x 64 mm
This Adaptor (RADP-1102-TPX) acts as an automatic control centre to: 1) open a 24Vac motorized air Inlet Damper with an End Switch that proves to be open (interlocked) before 2) starting a plug-in type Exhaust Fan and 3) simultaneously turning on a furnace circulation fan. It has two Relays and a split Duplex Receptacle, one side live and the other side controlled. If using a Damper without an End Switch, a jumper wire is required between Adaptor terminals #1 and #4. All items will then turn on simultaneously. The Adaptor is controlled with a Ventilation Switch and/or a Timer.
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to
satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired
appliances during operation of the inter-
connected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated
by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: RADP -1102 –TPX c/w 2 relays: Coil -120Vac and Coil - 24Vac; Contacts 10 Amps; Split Dual Receptacle
- Adaptor line voltage leads are connected only to the live side of the Receptacle.
- Line voltage leads shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING HOOK-UP PROCEDURES ARE SUGGESTIONS AND DO NOT LIMIT THE USES OF THIS ADAPTOR.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off electrical power leading to Adaptor.
4. Select suitable location for the Adaptor.
5. Select a suitable location for Inlet Damper. Connect Damper #3 to Adaptor #3 and Damper #5 to Adaptor #1 for Power Open Damper or #2 for Power Close Damper.
6. To interlock Damper to prove to be open before exhaust fan starts, connect end switch of the Damper to Adaptor terminals #1 and #4. Check capacity of 24Vac transformer.
Option: If Inlet Damper is also required to open during furnace firing: 1) Use damper with end switch that is Power Close c/w relay and follow its instructions. Alternate: 2) If Combustion Air Damper is also used, a Power Close Damper with end switch and without a relay is connected to inlet damper terminal #3 and to combustion air damper terminal #4.
7. Connect Adaptor terminal #5 to furnace R,
Adaptor terminal #3 to furnace C (or ground)
and Adaptor terminal (GF) to furnace G. (G
may vary for each type of furnace). NOTE: For
Heat/Cool thermostats, connect Thermostat ‘G’ to Adaptor terminal GT.
LADDER TYPE DIAGRAM
8. Connect LINE voltage wires to the LIVE HALF only of the Receptacle as per wiring diagram.
9. Connect the two wires of the manual ventilation switch (or timer) to the Adaptor with one wire going to the line voltage terminal on the Receptacle. Connect the other wire of the manual switch (or timer) to the Adaptor Black wire with a wire nut.
10. Turn on 120Vac power supply to the Adaptor and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
11.Turn on the ventilation switch (or timer) and the damper with end switch being interlocked will open to cause the Exhaust Fan and Furnace Circulation Fan (if not running) to now operate. Note: If jumper wire is used instead of damper end switch, all appliances will operate simultaneously.
12.Turn thermostat to normal setting and furnace will fire normally. Fresh Air Inlet Damper will also open during furnace firing if Option 1) or 2) is followed in Instruction No. 5.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM OF RADP-1102-TPX WITH DUPLEX RECEPTACLE CONNECTED TO FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN, PLUG-IN VENTILATION FAN AND MOTORIZED FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER WITH END SWITCH (OR JUMPER).
- - - - - - - - - - Field Wiring
Note: this marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
HMI HOYME MANUFACTURING INC. PH. 1-800-661-7382 www.hoyme.com
Last Updated (Wednesday, 24 April 2013 15:23)