TMADP - 1102 - TPX - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME TMADP - 1102 – TPX
Interconnects 24Vac Interval Timer and/or 120VacManual Switch to:
Exhaust Fan, Furnace Circulation Fan and Motorized Air Inlet Damper Relay Coils: 120Vac and 24 Vac. Contact Points: 10 Amps
Installation Of This Adaptor Shall Be In Accordance With The Requirements Of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
Refer also to HMI Installation Instructions:
ADP-1102-TPX, Interlocks damper with end switch to prove open before exhaust fan runs; ADP-1102-S5A, Interlocks 120Vac commercial safety controls to ‘HOM’ damper; ADP-1101-05A, a Controlled 120Vac switches 24Vac; ADP-0241, a Controlled 24Vac switches 120Vac.
4” x 8 1/4” x 2 1/2”
101 x 206 x 64 mm
This TMADP-1102 adaptor with two relays and a 24Vac interval timer, and/or central ventilation switch acts as a control centre to simultaneously turn on a furnace fan, start a principal exhaust fan and open a motorized air inlet damper.
Fitness of this Timer/Adaptor combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the inter-connected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Additional exhaust fans may be interconnected to the TMADP-1102 by using Relay ADP- 1101. Follow its installation instructions.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: TMADP -1102 -TPX c/w 24Vac interval timer; 2 relays: Coil -120Vac, Contacts 5 Amps and Coil - 24Vac, Contacts 10 Amps.
- Adaptor line voltage leads connected to the appliance controlled line voltage shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off electrical power to exhaust fan circuit.
4. Select suitable location for TMADP.
5. Select suitable location for inlet Damper & connect to ADP terminals 3 & 1 for Power Open damper or 3 & 2 for Power Close type. Check capacity of 24Vac transformer. Option: If inlet damper is required to open during furnace firing: 1) Use damper that is Power Close c/w relay and follow its instructions. 2) Use PC damper terminal 3 & connect to term. 4 of Combustion Fresh Air Damper.
6. Connect ADP terminal 5 to Furnace R, ADP terminal 3 to Furnace C and ADP terminal 4 to Furnace G. >G= may very for each type of furnace. NOTE: Thermostats used for Air Conditioners, connect Thermostat >G= to ADP Terminal GT.
7. Connect ADP 120Vac RED lead to live side of Exhaust Fan switch. Connect ADP Black lead to controlled side of fan switch. Connect ADP WHITE lead to 120Vac common. Refer to schematic wiring diagram. Follow applicable codes.
8. TIMER: Set cycles as per instructions with it.
9. Turn on 120Vac power supply to exhaust fan and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
10.Turn on manual exhaust fan switch. Exhaust fan, furnace circulation fan (if not running) and damper will respond simultaneously. Turn off exhaust fan switch.
11.Turn interval timer clockwise through one full turn (24 hrs.) to test chosen settings. Exhaust fan, furnace circulation fan and damper will respond simultaneously for each setting. Set timer for time of day.
12.Turn thermostat to normal setting and furnace will fire normally. Fresh Air Inlet Damper will also open during firing if option 1) or 2) is followed in Instruction No. 5.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM OF TMADP-1102-TPX INTERCONNECTED TO FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN CONTROL, PRINCIPAL EXHAUST FAN AND MOTORIZED FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER.
Note: this marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
For more information, please contact HMI HOYME Manufacturing Inc. @ 1-800-661-7382
Last Updated (Wednesday, 24 April 2013 15:25)