ADP - 1102 - TPX - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME ADP- 1102- TPX
Dual Voltage Control Centre Interlocks 24Vac Ventilation Fresh Air Inlet
Damper with End Switch To 120 Vac Exhaust Fan and Furnace Circulation Fan
Relay Coils: 120Vac and 24Vac. Contact Points – 5/10 Amps.
Installation of this Adaptor Shall be in Accordance with the requirements of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
Refer also to HMI HOYME Installation Instructions: TMADP-1102 for Ventilation. Dual Voltage. Control Centre including 24Vac Timer;
ADP-1101 Controlled Line to 24Vac switching;
ADP-0241 Controlled 24Vac to Line switching;
ADP-1102 for Combustion Air. Dual Voltage. Interlocks to Appliance Safety Controls.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2”
101 x 127 x 64 mm
This adaptor, with two relays, is activated by a 120Vac ventilation switch or timer and acts as a control centre to: (1) Open a 24Vac fresh air inlet damper equipped with end switch; (2) Turn on a 120Vac exhaust fan after damper proves to be open by actuating end switch (interlocked); and (3) Turn on the furnace circulation fan. Adaptor does not interfere with air conditioner wiring.
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the interconnected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: ADP-1102-TPX; C/W 2 relays:
Coil-120Vac, Contacts 05Amps;
Coil- 24Vac, Contacts 10 Amps;
- Adaptor line voltage leads connected to the appliance controlled line voltage shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off electrical power to exhaust fan circuit.
4. Select suitable location for ADAPTOR.
5. Select suitable location for inlet Damper c/w End Switch and connect Damper Motor 3 to ADP terminal 3 and Damper Motor 5 (PO type) to ADP terminal 1 or (for PC type) to ADP terminal 2. Connect End Switch 4 to ADP terminal 1 and End Switch 2 to ADP terminal 4 (Options: If inlet damper is also required to open during furnace firing: 1) Use damper c/w end switch less relay and connect damper terminal 3 to combustion fresh air damper terminal 4.
6. Connect ADP terminal 5 to Furnace R, ADP terminal 3 to Furnace C and ADP terminal GF to Furnace G. ‘G’ may very for each type of furnace. NOTE: Thermostats used for Air Conditioners – connect Thermostat ‘G’ to ADP Terminal ‘GT’.
7. Connect ADP 120Vac RED lead to Exhaust Fan Motor. Connect ADP BLACK lead to
controlled side of Exhaust Fan Switch. Connect ADP WHITE lead to Common 120 Vac power supply leading to exhaust fan. Refer to schematic wiring diagram. Follow applicable codes.
8. Turn on 120Vac power supply to exhaust fan switch and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
9. Turn on exhaust fan switch. Damper will open
and prove to be open before exhaust fan runs.
Furnace circulation fan (if not running) will also
respond. Turn off exhaust fan switch.
10. Turn thermostat to call for heat and furnace
will fire normally. If Adaptor is connected as
per options in #5, fresh air inlet damper will
also open during firing mode.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM ADP-1102-TPX INTERLOCKING FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER with END SWITCH TO EXHAUST FAN AND INTERCONNECTED TO THE FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN CONTROL.
NOTE: This marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
HOYME MANUFACTURING INC. PH. 1-800-661-7382 www.hoyme.com
Last Updated (Wednesday, 24 April 2013 15:21)