ADP - 1102 - 10A - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME ADP-1102-10A
Interlocks 24Vac Combustion Air Control Damper
To 120Vac Safety Control Circuit
Relay Coil: 120Vac; 24Vac. Contact Points – 10Amps
INSTALLATION OF THIS ADAPTOR SHALL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS OF THE AUTHORITIES HAVING JURISDICTION.
Refer also to HMI HOYME Installation Instructions: ‘Combustion Air Control, Series HOM’.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2”
101 x 127 x 64 mm
This Adaptor, with two relays, senses a line voltage safety control signal, proves a 24Vac damper to be open and then sends the signal back to the line voltage control circuit. For DC safety control systems 250mVdc to 100Vdc,
use HMI HOYME ADP- 0MV2-S5A.
I.D.: ADP- 1102 – 10A; c/w 2 Relays: Coils-
120Vac and 24Vac. Contacts-10Amps
- For one appliance, use one Adaptor and one
Damper, Series HOM, Type SF1.
- For two appliances, use two Adaptors and
one damper, Series HOM, Type-SF1.
- Adaptors may be mounted on side of
appliance control box. Leads must be
suitably cabled and fastened. If Adaptor is
mounted away from control box, line voltage
leads shall be enclosed in suitable
raceways. Refer to local electric codes.
-Use an approved 24Vac transformer of
adequate capacity (10 VA min.) if required.
- Supply for the transformer primary shall be
taken from the line voltage supply for the
appliance. Refer to applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after
installation is complete.
- Affix attached wiring diagram label adjacent
to appliance wiring diagram label.
- Note: For controlled circuits having a capacity
equal to the load, use wiring diagram,
Option #1.(10 Amps Max.) See Wire Diagram.
- Note: For control circuits having a capacity
less than the load, use Option number #2.
1. Turn temperature control to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to heating appliance.
3. Disconnect controlled line voltage lead from the load terminal.
4. For Option #1 use a screw-on wire connector to join Adaptor Black & Blue lead to the controlled line voltage as in 3 above. For Option #2 join Adaptor Black lead only to the controlled line voltage and a Blue lead directly to120Vac line.
5. Join the remaining Adaptor Blue lead to the load.
6. Connect Adaptor WHITE lead to the common side of the line voltage.
7. Connect damper wires BLACK (1), RED (2), BROWN (3) and BLUE (5) to Adaptor terminals 1, 2, 3 and 5 respectively.
8. Connect 24Vac continuous supply to Adaptor terminals 3 and 5.
9. Turn on electrical power supply. Damper will close. Note: ‘TEST/RUN’ manual switch shall be in the ‘RUN’ position.
10. Turn temperature control to call for heat. Damper will open and the appliance will operate normally.
Note: Where a low limit may allow operation of the burner or fuel valve when thermostat is not calling for heat, damper shall be used only in conjunction with Adaptor as shown.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
Note: This marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM FOR
COMBUSTION AIR / FLUE CONTROL DAMPER
INTERLOCKED TO LINE VOLTAGE
SAFETY CONTROL CIRCUIT USING ADAPTOR ADP-1102-10A
For more information, please contact HMI HOYME Manufacturing Inc. @ 1-800-661-7382
0912 ch Printed in Canada
Last Updated (Wednesday, 24 April 2013 15:16)